So You Want to DIY your Invitations

My sister is getting married in June, and we  started assembling the invitations last week.  Just before, we went out shopping for paper to use as a backing, she says to me, "Oh my gosh, I don't know what I'm doing.  Why am I doing this?"  I just kept looking at the paper and said, "You have to practice to be good at something.  Everyone is an amateur when planning a wedding, because you only do it once."

So, when you decide to DIY your wedding, or any party, (and I applaud you if you do) make a list of what needs to be done, and then decide what you need help with.  When it comes to invitations, the hardest part is the design.  Do your research and find a template you love; if you can't, solicit the help of a designer who can help bring your ideas to life.  If possible, find someone who has experience with print as well as design.  You should be able to have a dialogue about what you want and some back and forth with tweaking details.  Also, make sure that your designer will be able to make any last minute changes if you encounter issues with color or layout once you go to print.

Here are some simple and fun template ideas.  In my shop, each template is a jumping off point.  Fonts and colors can always be adjusted.  Or you can order a completely custom design.  (I'm not going to lie, those are my favorite!  They challenge me and they are so fun to create.) Click on each link to go to my shop and see more invitations!

Rehearsal Dinner Invitation in purple and teal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Year Anniversary - Don't Panic Design

What ICE means and why you need it

FREE Printable: Merry & Bright Holiday Poster